The Wolf of the Sila
The Wolf of the Sila (Italian: Il lupo della Sila) is a 1949 Italian drama film directed by Duilio Coletti and starring Silvana Mangano, Amedeo Nazzari and Vittorio Gassman. Much of the film was shot on location around La Sila in Calabria.
|The Wolf of the Sila|
|Directed by||Duilio Coletti|
|Produced by||Dino De Laurentiis|
|Written by||Giuseppe Gironda |
|Starring||Silvana Mangano |
|Music by||Enzo Masetti |
|Edited by||Adriana Novelli|
|Distributed by||Lux Film|
After the death of her brother at the hands of the police, a young woman takes her revenge on the two men she believes to have been responsible.
- Silvana Mangano as Rosaria Campolo
- Amedeo Nazzari as Rocco Barra
- Vittorio Gassman as Pietro Campolo
- Jacques Sernas as Salvatore Barra
- Luisa Rossi as Orsola Barra
- Olga Solbelli as La madre di Rosaria
- Dante Maggio as Gennaro
- Michele Capezzuoli as Salvatore da bambino
- Laura Cortese as Rosaria da bambina
- Attilio Dottesio as Un contadino
- Rudy Randi as Contadino
- Forgacs & Gundle p.166
- Forgacs, David & Gundle, Stephen. Mass Culture and Italian Society from Fascism to the Cold War. Indiana University Press, 2007.