The White Horse Inn (1952 film)
The White Horse Inn (German: Im weißen Rößl is a 1952 West German musical film directed by Willi Forst and starring Johanna Matz, Johannes Heesters and Walter Müller. It is based on the operetta The White Horse Inn and is part of the operetta film genre.
|The White Horse Inn|
|Directed by||Willi Forst|
|Distributed by||Gloria Film|
|19 December 1952|
It was shot in studios in Munich and on location around Lake Kochel in southern Bavaria. The film's sets were designed by Kurt Herlth, Robert Herlth and Willy Schatz. Paula Wessely was originally intended to star, but because she was unavailable, the lead role was rewritten for Johanna Matz.
- Johanna Matz as Josepha
- Johannes Heesters as Dr. Siedler
- Walter Müller as Leopold
- Rudolf Forster as Kaiser Franz Josef
- Paul Westermeier as Giesecke
- Marianne Wischmann as Ottilie Giesecke
- Sepp Nigg as Prof. Hinzelmann
- Ingrid Pan as Klärchen Hinzelmann
- Ulrich Beiger as Sigismund
- Klaus Pohl as Bettler Loidl
- Walter Koch as Piccolo Gustl
- Alfred Pongratz as Bürgermeister
- Meggie Rehrl-Hentze as Französische Braut
- Jean Gargoet as Französischer Bräutigam
- Hake p. 119
- Hake, Sabine. German National Cinema. Routledge, 2013.