The Watchers (sculpture)
The Watchers is a 1960 bronze sculpture by the British sculptor Lynn Chadwick depicting three abstracted figures. Multiple castings were made from this mould. One of these castings is installed in the San Diego Museum of Art's May S. Marcy Sculpture Garden, in the U.S. state of California. The work was gifted to SDMA by Jacquelyn Littlefield in 2002.
A casting of The Watchers in Lypiatt Park
Another casting was installed at Roehampton University in London, but one of the three figures was stolen in 2006. This was part of a series of thefts of large public art in the United Kingdom, possibly to be sold as scrap metal.
- 1960 in art
- List of public art in the London Borough of Wandsworth
- Bull (by Robert Clatworthy), another sculpture on the Alton Estate, London
- "Alton West Estate, Roehampton, London: Lynn Chadwick's sculpture 'The Watchers' with the point blocks beyond | RIBA". RIBApix. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- "PMSA". www.pmsa.org.uk. Archived from the original on 2018-12-07. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- "The Watchers". San Diego Museum of Art. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- Gaugh, Catherine. "At SDMA, a move from the vault to the open air". sandiegouniontribune.com. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- Staff; agencies (2006-01-24). "Second bronze sculpture stolen". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- "Exhibition, Database to Aid Search for Missing Public Art in England". ArtfixDaily. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- "Historic England on a quest to uncover stolen sculpture The Watchers by Stroud's Lynn Chadwick". Stroud News and Journal. Retrieved 2018-12-07.