The Visitor (UFO album)
The Visitor is the nineteenth studio album by the British hard rock band UFO, which was released on 2 June 2009. It was their first album in three years since the release of The Monkey Puzzle in 2006. Bass parts were recorded by Peter Pichl. Since there are no writing credits on the album booklet, they were posted on UFO's official website (June 2009).
|Studio album by|
|Released||2 June 2009|
|Recorded||February – March 2009|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Dangerdog Music Reviews|
The digipak edition bonus track, "Dancing with St. Peter", had previously been recorded by Phil Mogg with his side project, $ign Of 4, featuring Mogg/Way guitarist Jeff Kollman, one-time Michael Schenker Group drummer Shane Gaalaas, and bassist Jimmy Curtain. The album was originally released in 2002 through Track Records and re-issued in 2008 by Kollman's label Marmaduke Records under the name Mogg & The Sign Of 4.
- "Saving Me" - 5:08
- "On the Waterfront" (Paul Raymond) - 3:50
- "Hell Driver" - 4:26
- "Stop Breaking Down" - 4:55
- "Rock Ready" - 3:06
- "Living Proof" - 4:32
- "Can't Buy a Thrill" - 5:14
- "Forsaken" (Raymond) - 3:57
- "Villains & Thieves" (Raymond) - 3:34
- "Stranger in Town" (Robert Barth, Andy Parker) - 3:39
Digipak edition bonus track
- "Dancing with St. Peter (2009 Edition)" (Mogg, Jeff Kollman, Shane Gaalaas)
- Tommy Newton – producer, engineer, mixing
- Andy Le Vein – engineer
- Tristan Greatrex – album artwork
- Kai Swillus – photography
- Peter Knorn – management
- Henderson, Alex. "UFO The Visitor review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- Hartranft, Craig (31 May 2009). "UFO: The Visitor". Dangerdog Music Reviews. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- "UFO To Release 'The Visitor' In The Spring". Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. 18 February 2009. Archived from the original on 12 September 2009. Retrieved 2011-12-07.