The Varmint is a lost 1917 American comedy silent film directed by William Desmond Taylor, written by Gardner Hunting and Owen Johnson, and starring Jack Pickford, Louise Huff, Theodore Roberts, Henry Malvern, Ben Suslow and Milton Schumann. It was released on August 5, 1917, by Paramount Pictures.
|Directed by||William Desmond Taylor|
|Screenplay by||Gardner Hunting|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
- Jack Pickford as John Humperdink Stover
- Louise Huff as Laura
- Theodore Roberts as A Roman
- Henry Malvern as Tough McCarty
- Ben Suslow as White Mountain Canary
- Milton Schumann as Caramel-colored Angel
- Maurice Kessell as Cheyenne Baxter
- Maxfield Stanley as Doc MacNooder
- Robert Gordon as Tennessee Shad
- Edward Sedgwick as Butsey White
- Tom Bates as Al
- The Library of Congress American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog:The Varmint
- The Varmint at silentera.com
- "Varmint - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". The New York Times. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- "The Varmint". AFI. Retrieved 3 January 2015.