The Troubleshooters (1959 TV series)
The Troubleshooters is an American 26-segment half-hour adventure series starring Keenan Wynn as Kodiak and Bob Mathias as Frank Dugan. The show aired on NBC Television from September 11, 1959, to April 10, 1960. Based on events at international construction sites, the program was directed by Robert Altman early in his career. It was the first series offered by United Artists Television.
|Directed by||Robert Altman|
|Starring||Keenan Wynn |
Roland "Bob" Harris
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||30 min.|
|Production company(s)||United Artists Television|
|Picture format||Black and white|
|Original release||September 11, 1959 –|
April 10, 1960
The premiere episode "Liquid Death" introduced the supporting cast members, Chet Allen (born 1928) as Slats, Roland "Bob" Harris (born 1930) as Jim, Bob Fortier as Scotty, and stunt actor Carey Loftin (1914–1997) as Skinner. Forrest Compton (born 1925) also appeared in two episodes as Davis.
Among the guest stars were:
- Dabbs Greer as Lepage and Dennis Cross as Deputy Sheriff Morton in "The Law and the Profits" on September 18
- Dan Blocker in the episode "Tiger Culhane" on October 9
- Harry Townes as Verne Lewis in "Moment of Terror" on October 16
- John Larch in "Gino" on October 23
- Werner Klemperer in "Tunnel to Yesterday" on December 4
Other episodes in which the cast primarily appeared were "Pipeline", "Moment of Terror", "Trouble at the Orphanage", "The Mountain That Moved", "The Big Blaze", "The Town That Wouldn't Die", "Incident at Rain Mountain", "The Landmark", and "No Stone Unturned". The series finale is called "The Carnival".
The Troubleshooters ran at 8 pm Eastern Time on Friday after NBC's People Are Funny. Its network competition was the second half of Rawhide, and Walt Disney Presents.
- TV.com, The Troubleshooters:http://www.tv.com/the-troubleshooters/show/10735/summary.html
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, New York: Penguin Books, 1996, p. 866
- IMDB, The Troubleshooters: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052519/
- 1959-1960 American network television schedule