The Three Stooges Scrapbook
Three Stooges Scrapbook was an unaired 1960s television pilot starring The Three Stooges (Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Curly-Joe DeRita). In the opening title and Hollywood trade ads, the show's title is spelled without "The," including a promotional photograph of the Stooges holding an oversized scrapbook. The pilot featured the slapstick trio getting evicted from a rooming house for cooking in their apartment, looking for a new place to live, finding refuge in the home of a mad inventor (played by Emil Sitka), and presenting an animated short called The Spain Mutiny that imagines the funnymen as part of Christopher Columbus’ crew.
|The Three Stooges Scrapbook|
|Genre||Sitcom, Television pilot|
|Directed by||Sidney Miller|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||1|
|Running time||20 minutes|
Three Stooges Scrapbook was filmed in color and produced by Norman Maurer (Moe Howard’s son-in-law), who hoped to establish a weekly program for children’s television. When no network wanted to pursue the project as a series, Maurer divided the pilot into two short films that were released to theaters in 1963. Maurer also reprinted the live action scenes in black-and-white and incorporated them into the 1962 feature film The Three Stooges in Orbit.
To date, the original pilot has never been released on home media.
- Director: Sidney Miller
- Writer: Elwood Ullman
- Producer: Norman Maurer
- Starring: Larry Fine, Moe Howard, Joe DeRita
- Featuring: Emil Sitka, Marjorie Eaton, Don Lamond, Edward Innes, Albert Grazier
- Music Composer and Conductor: Paul Dunlap
- Title Song: George Dunning (music) and Stanley Styne (lyrics)
- Vocals: The Eligibles
- Director of Photography: Hal McAlpin
- Film Editor: Chuck Gladden
- Assistant Director: Harry Slott
- Chief Electrician: Robert Petzoldt
- Sound Recorder: Leon Leon
- Property Master: Chick Chicetti
- Set Decorator: Frank Lombardo
- Script Supervisor: Joe Franklin
- Makeup: Ted Coodley
- Costumer: Jack Angel
- Grip: Tex Hayes
- Laboratory: Consolidated Film Industries
- Sound: Glen Glenn
- Costume Designer: Sascha Brastoff
- "The Three Stooges Scrapbook". The Three Stooges Online Filmography. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- Jeff Lenburg, Joan Howard Maurer and Greg Lenburg (1994). The Three Stooges Scrapbook. Citadel Press. p. 267. ISBN 0-8065-0946-5.
- Nathan Cobb (September 26, 1986). "The 3 Stooges: More Than You Wanted to Know About Larry, Moe, Shemp and the Curlys". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- Kook's Tour - another unbroadcast Three Stooges pilot from the late 1960s that was released initially through the home movie market and later on VHS and DVD.