The Terrible People
The Terrible People is a 1928 American adventure silent film serial directed by Spencer Gordon Bennet, based on the novel of the same name by Edgar Wallace. Most of the books of Edgar Wallace have been adapted into films many times over the years in both England in the 1930s, and in Germany in the 1960s in a series known as the crimis. The film is now considered to be lost.
|The Terrible People|
|Directed by||Spencer Gordon Bennet|
|Written by||George Arthur Gray|
|Distributed by||Pathé Exchange|
- Allene Ray as Nora Sanders
- Walter Miller as Arnold Long
- Larry Steers as Jack Crayley
- Al Craven as Joshua Monkford (as Allen Craven)
- Alyce McCormick as Alice Cravel
- Wilfrid North as Godley Long
- Frederick Vroom as Clayton Shelton (as Fred Vroom)
- Thomas Holding as Sonny Cravel
- Gilbert Clayton as Krill
- Billy Bletcher as Proody (as William Bletcher)
- Mary Foy
- "The Terrible People". gutenberg.net.au.
- Workman, Christopher; Howarth, Troy (2016). "Tome of Terror: Horror Films of the Silent Era". Midnight Marquee Press, p. 283. ISBN 978-1936168-68-2.
- "Progressive Silent Film List: The Terrible People". Silent Era. Retrieved February 17, 2008.
- "The People of the River". google.co.uk.