The Tale of Tiffany Lust
The Tale of Tiffany Lust, also known as Body Lust, is a 1979 American adult erotic film. The film was directed by Radley Metzger (as "Henry Paris", uncredited) and filmed in several elaborate locations in New York City.
|The Tale of Tiffany Lust|
Original film poster
|Directed by||Radley Metzger|
("Henry Paris", uncredited)
(as "Gerard Kikoine")
|Produced by||Radley Metzger|
("Henry Paris", uncredited)
|Written by||Radley Metzger|
(as "Jake Barnes")
Dominique Saint Claire
(as "Arlene Manhatten")
Vanessa del Rio
|Music by||Olivia Rivas|
(as "Gerard Loubeau")
|Edited by||Jason Hyatt|
|Distributed by||VCA Pictures (US)|
Great Jones Films
|June 27, 1979 (FR)|
September 1981 (US)
|96 minutes (US)|
The film was released during the Golden Age of Porn (inaugurated by the 1969 release of Andy Warhol's Blue Movie) in the United States, at a time of "porno chic", in which adult erotic films were just beginning to be widely released, publicly discussed by celebrities (like Johnny Carson and Bob Hope) and taken seriously by film critics (like Roger Ebert).
Betty, a friend, suggests that Tiffany, a housewife seeking a way to enrich her love life, see Florence Nightingale on her radio show where guests are welcome to enjoy erotic activities in front of a live audience. Later, Tiffany discovers that her husband is enjoying similar activities of his own.
- Bentley, Toni (June 2014). "The Legend of Henry Paris". Playboy. Archived from the original on February 4, 2016. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- Bentley, Toni (June 2014). "The Legend of Henry Paris" (PDF). ToniBentley.com. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- Staff (2010). "Body Lust (1981) - Alternate title: The Tale of Tiffany Lust". New York Times. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- Staff (2016). "The Tale of Tiffany Lust (1979)". IMDB. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- Staff (February 19, 1982). "Henry Paris' Touch Is Everywhere - The Tale of Tiffany Lust". The Cavalier Daily. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- Blumenthal, Ralph (January 21, 1973). "Porno chic; 'Hard-core' grows fashionable-and very profitable". The New York Times Magazine. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- Porno Chic (Jahsonic.com)
- Corliss, Richard (March 29, 2005). "That Old Feeling: When Porno Was Chic". Time. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Ebert, Roger (June 13, 1973). "The Devil In Miss Jones - Film Review". RogerEbert.com. Retrieved February 7, 2015.
- Ebert, Roger (November 24, 1976). "Alice in Wonderland:An X-Rated Musical Fantasy". RogerEbert.com. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- Cook, David A. (2002). History of the American cinema. 9. University of California Press. pp. 274–275. ISBN 0-520-23265-8.
- Heffernan, Kevin, "A social poetics of pornography", Quarterly Review of Film and Video, Volume 15, Issue 3, December 1994, pp. 77–83. doi:10.1080/10509209409361441.
- Lehman, Peter, Pornography: film and culture, Rutgers depth of field series, Rutgers University Press, 2006, ISBN 0-8135-3871-8.
- Williams, Linda, Hard core: power, pleasure, and the "frenzy of the visible", University of California Press, 1999, ISBN 0-520-21943-0.