The Rookie Cop
The Rookie Cop is a 1939 film directed by David Howard and starring Tim Holt as a rookie cop who wants to prove his friend wasn't involved with a robbery. The film also stars Virginia Weidler, Janet Shaw, Frank M. Thomas, and Muriel Evans.
|The Rookie Cop|
|Directed by||David Howard|
|Produced by||Bert Gilroy|
|Music by||Roy Webb|
|Cinematography||Harry J. Wild|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
|April 28, 1939|
- Tim Holt as Clem Maitland
- Virginia Weidler as Nicey
- Janet Shaw as Gerry Lane
- Frank M. Thomas as Police Chief Gordon H. Lane
- Robert Emmett Keane as Commissioner Hugh Thomas
- Monte Montague as Tom Hadley/'Monte' - Henchman
- Don Brodie as Frank 'Frankie' Dixon
- Ralf Harolde as Joey Anderman - Roadhouse Owner
- Muriel Evans as Fern - Jpey's Girl
- Ace the Wonder Dog as Ace
The Los Angeles Times called it "an unusually agreeable picture".
- "The Rookie Cop: Detail View". American Film Institute. Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- Richard Jewel, 'RKO Film Grosses: 1931-1951', Historical Journal of Film Radio and Television, Vol 14 No 1, 1994 p56
- Richard Jewell & Vernon Harbin, The RKO Story. New Rochelle, New York: Arlington House, 1982. p131
- ROOKIE COP' AGREEABLE Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 05 May 1939: 13.