The Ridin' Kid from Powder River
The Ridin' Kid from Powder River is a 1924 silent film western directed by Edward Sedgwick and starring Hoot Gibson. It was based on a novel by Henry Herbert Knibbs and produced and distributed by Universal Pictures.
|The Ridin' Kid from Powder River|
|Directed by||Edward Sedgwick|
|Produced by||Carl Laemmle|
|Written by||E. Richard Schayer|
Raymond L. Schrock
|Based on||novel The Ridin' Kid from Powder River by Henry Herbert Knibbs c.1919|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|November 30, 1924|
- Hoot Gibson - Bud Watkins
- Gladys Hulette - 'Miss'
- Gertrude Astor - 'Kansas' Lou
- Tully Marshall - The Spider
- Walter Long - Steve Lanning
- Sid Jordan - 'Buzzard' Davis
- William Steele - 'Lightin' Bill Smith
- Howard Truesdale - 'Pop' Watkins
- Frank Rice - Cal Huxley
- Nelson McDowell - Luke Meggary
- Fred Humes - The Scorpion
- Bowditch M. Turner - Manuel
- Newton House - Bud Watkins aged 10
An incomplete print, 2 reels, is preserved in the George Eastman House Rochester.