The Queen of Sheba (1952 film)
|The Queen of Sheba|
|Directed by||Pietro Francisci|
|Music by||Nino Rota|
King Solomon (Gino Cervi) sends his son, Prince Rehoboam (Gino Leurini) on a spy mission to Sheba where he falls in love with the beautiful Queen (Leonora Ruffo). He tries to prevent a war between their two countries but After the Queen finds out her lover is a spy, she leads her army in an assault against Jerusalem. The siege is a failure and ends with the Queen and Prince reuniting with the blessing of both King Solomon and Sheba's advisors.
- Leonora Ruffo as Balkis, Queen of Sheba
- Gino Cervi as King Solomon of Jerusalem
- Marina Berti as Zamira, Betrothed of Rehoboam
- Gino Leurini as Prince Rehoboam of Jerusalem
- Franco Silva as Kabaal, Commander of Sheban Army
- Mario Ferrari as Chaldis, High Priest of Sheba
- Dorian Gray as Ati
- Umberto Silvestri as Isachar, Companion of Rehoboam
- Isa Pola as Tabui
- Nyta Dover as Kinnor
- Franca Tamantini as False mother
- Fulvia Mammi as True mother
- Achille Majeroni as Blind merchant
- Aldo Fiorelli as Abner
- Pietro Tordi as Onabar
- Mimmo Palmara
- Ugo Sasso
- Afro Poli
- Cesare Fantoni
- Roberto Chiti; Roberto Poppi; Enrico Lancia. Dizionario del cinema italiano: I film. Gremese, 1991. ISBN 8876055487.
- Patrick Lucanio. With fire and sword: Italian spectacles on American screens, 1958-1968. Scarecrow Press, 1994. ISBN 0810828162.
- Gary A. Smith. Epic films. McFarland, 1991. ISBN 0899505678.
- A. Albertazzi. "La regina di Saba". Intermezzo (22). 15 December 1952.