Il saprofita (internationally released as The Profiteer) is a 1974 Italian drama film directed by Sergio Nasca. It marked the directorial debut of Nasca and raised some controversities due to its polemic plot and to its violence.
|Directed by||Sergio Nasca|
|Music by||Sante Maria Romitelli|
- Al Cliver : Ercole
- Valeria Moriconi : The Baroness Clotilda
- Janet Agren : Teresa
- Giancarlo Marinangeli: Parsifal
- Cinzia Bruno: Brunilde
- Leopoldo Trieste : Don Vito
- Rina Franchetti : Bigot
- Nerina Montagnani : The servant of the Holy Man
- Clara Colosimo : Lady at the wake
- Giancarlo Badessi : Superior of the Seminary
- Carlo Monni : General Augusto Bezzi
In a small town in Apulia , the seminarian Ercole, who failed to become a priest due to an injury that caused him to lose his speech, is hired as driver and male nurse into a rich and apparently pious family of landowners, and soon became the lover of the beautiful Baroness Clotilde.