The President's Man
The President's Man is a 2000 American made-for-television action film starring Chuck Norris and Dylan Neal. A sequel, The President's Man: A Line in the Sand was made in 2002. It was first shown on CBS on April 2, 2000.
|The President's Man|
|Written by||Bob Gookin|
|Directed by||Michael Preece|
|Music by||Christopher L. Stone|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Chuck Norris|
|Producer(s)||Garry A. Brown|
|Running time||90 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Norris Brothers Entertainment|
|Original release||April 2, 2000|
|Followed by||The President's Man: A Line in the Sand|
The story is about, Joshua McCord (Norris) is ready to think about retiring from his grueling job as a Secret Service agent who's assigned to protect the president (Waite). After saving the First Lady (Adams), kidnapped by a mysterious band of terrorists. To help him on the mission, McCord prepares to train his replacement. Along this path he notices Deke Slater (Neal) previously an Army sergeant with a temper.
- Chuck Norris - Agent Joshua McCord
- Dylan Neal - Sgt. Deke Slater
- Jennifer Tung - Que McCord
- Ralph Waite - President Matthews
- Marla Adams - First Lady Matthews
- Stuart Whitman - George Williams
- Soon-Tek Oh - General Vinh Tran
- Jonathan Nichols - Don Diego Santiago
- Ariel Chipman - Terry Anderson
- Greg Ricks - Dr. Francis Anderson
- Ken Farmer - The Judge
- Mark Dalton - Delta Force soldier
As well as starring in the film Chuck Norris receives the credit of executive producer with his brother Aaron. His son Eric Norris is credited as second unit director, and Michael Preece the director. The main supporting cast consist of Jennifer Tung, Ralph Waite,Marla Adams, Stuart Whitman, and Soon-Tek Oh. Actor Dylan Neal plays second lead.
On April 2, 2000, the television-film premiered in the USA on CBS. Months after it was released on DVD in other countries including France, England and Argentina. In Italy it was released in the first TV in 2001.
A sequel called The President's Man: A Line in the Sand was filmed in 2002.
- "Sunday Highlights". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. 73: 213. April 2, 2000 – via Newspapers.
- "Best bets". The Montgomery Advertiser: 33. March 26, 2003 – via Newspapers.
- Chuck Norris (2013). 5 Film Chuck Norris Collection (DVD). Echo Bridge Acquisition Corp LLC. 09600922143.
- "Sunday Night". Herald and Review: 47. April 1, 2000 – via Newspapers.