The Nursemaid Who Disappeared
The Nursemaid Who Disappeared is a 1939 British, black-and-white, crime film, directed by Arthur B. Woods and starring Ronald Shiner as Detective Smith (uncredited), Ian Fleming, Arthur Margetson, Peter Coke and Edward Chapman. Based on a Philip Macdonald novel, it was produced by Warner Brothers - First National Productions.
|The Nursemaid Who Disappeared|
|Directed by||Arthur B. Woods|
|Produced by||Jerome Jackson (executive producer)|
|Screenplay by||Connery Chappell|
|Based on||novel The Nursemaid Who Disappeared by Philip Macdonald|
|Edited by||Leslie Norman (uncredited)|
Warner Brothers-First National Productions
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. (UK)|
In this thriller, a playwright overhears a gang of men plotting a kidnapping and enlists the assistance of a detective to investigate them. They soon find the ring is fronted by a bogus employment agency that sends "clients" to check out potential victims. Action ensues as they endeavor to stop them.
- Arthur Margetson as Det. Antony Gethryn
- Peter Coke as Tom Sheldon
- Lesley Brook as Avis Bellingham
- Edward Chapman as Jenks
- Coral Browne as Mabel Barnes
- Joyce Kennedy as Lucia Gethryn
- Dorice Fordred as Janet Murch
- Martita Hunt as Lady Ballister
- Marion Gerth as Ada Brent
- Ian McLean as Inspector Pike
- Ian Fleming as Sir Egbert Lucas
- Eliot Makeham as Mr. Hines
- Ronald Shiner as Detective Smith (uncredited)
- Goble, Alan (8 September 2011). "The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film". Walter de Gruyter – via Google Books.
- "The Nursemaid Who Disappeared (1939)" – via www.imdb.com.
- "The Nursemaid Who Disappeared (1938)".
- "The Nursemaid Who Disappeared (1939) - Arthur B. Woods - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- The Nursemaid Who Disappeared at AllMovie
- The Nursemaid Who Disappeared at the British Film Institute's Film and TV Database
- The Nursemaid Who Disappeared on IMDb