The Night of Love
The Night of Love is a 1927 drama film, produced by Samuel Goldwyn, released by United Artists, and stars Ronald Colman, Vilma Bánky, and Montagu Love. The screenplay by Lenore J. Coffee is based on the play by Pedro Calderón de la Barca.
|The Night of Love|
|Directed by||George Fitzmaurice|
|Produced by||Samuel Goldwyn|
|Written by||Lenore J. Coffee (screenplay)|
Edwin Justus Mayer (intertitles)
Thomas E. Brannigan
|Edited by||Grant Whytock|
|Distributed by||United Artists|
- Ronald Colman as Montero
- Vilma Bánky as Princess Marie
- Montagu Love as Duke de la Garda
- Natalie Kingston as Donna Beatriz
- John George as Jester
- Bynunsky Hyman as Bandit
- Gibson Gowland as Bandit
- Laska Winter as Gypsy Bride
- Sally Rand as Gypsy Dancer
- William H. Tooker as Spanish Ambassador
- Eugenie Besserer as Gypsy
The film was banned in 1927 by Eric W. Hamilton, a Hong Kong censor, who stated that "The subject matter is absolutely immoral and the depiction in many cases is indecent."
- E. W. Hamilton, Hong Kong Censor to H. W. Ray, Managing Director, Hongkong Amusements, November 8th, 1927, in US National Archives, Record Group 84 Hong Kong Correspondence, Vol. 388, 840.6
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.