The Ne'er-Do-Well (1916 film)
The Ne'er-Do-Well is a 1916 American silent adventure crime drama film directed by Colin Campbell, and starring Wheeler Oakman, Kathlyn Williams, Harry Lonsdale, Frank Clark, and Norma Nichols. It is based on the 1911 novel of the same name by Rex Beach. The film was released by V-L-S-E, Incorporated on March 20, 1916.
Advertising for The Ne'er-Do-Well on Moving Picture World.
|Directed by||Colin Campbell|
|Produced by||William Nicholas Selig|
|Written by||Lanier Bartlett (scenario)|
|Based on||The Ne'er-Do-Well|
by Rex Beach
|Cinematography||Harry W. Gerstad|
|Distributed by||V-L-S-E, Incorporated|
Another film adaptation was later released in 1923, in which Sidney Smith reprised the role as he did in the 1916 version.
- Wheeler Oakman as Kirk Anthony, the Ne're-Do-Well
- Kathlyn Williams as Mrs. Edith Cortlandt, a Diplomat
- Harry Lonsdale as Stephen Cortlandt, Her Husband
- Frank Clark as Darwin K. Anthony, Railroad Magnate
- Norma Nichols as Chiquita Garavel, A Spanish Maiden
- Will Machin as Weller, alias Locke
- Jack McDonald as Allan Allan, an English Subject
- Sidney Smith as Ramon Alfarez, Commondant of Police
- Fred Huntley as Andres Garavel
- Lamar Johnstone as Runnels
- Harry De Vere as Detective Williams
A print of the film survives at the Library of Congress. 
- "The Ne'er-Do-Well". afi.com. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "The Ne'er-Do-Well". AllMovie. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "The Ne'er-Do-Well". TCM.com. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- American Silent Feature Film Survival Database: The Ne'er-Do-Well
- Catalog of Holdings The American Film Institute Collection and The United Artists Collection at The Library of Congress, (<-book title) p.125 c.1978 by the American Film Institute
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.