The Nation (Nigeria)
The Nation is a daily newspaper published in Lagos, Nigeria. According to a 2009 survey it was the second-most-read newspaper in Nigeria, and this result was repeated in a 2011 report by The Advertisers' Association of Nigeria (ADVANS).
|Publisher||Vintage Press Limited|
|Founded||31 July 2006|
|Headquarters||Mushin, Lagos State, Nigeria|
The newspaper became the first of its kind to gain nationwide circulation across the 36 states of Nigeria within two years of operation. This was a result of its popular eight-page pull-out Thursday publication titled Campuslife, a medium specially dedicated to student journalists and writers across the tertiary institutions in Nigeria. The Campuslife pull-out, with the late Ngozi Agbo (née Nwozor) as pioneer editor, helped the newspaper to become a household name across Nigeria, and several student journalists and correspondents whom the paper gave the opportunity to write for it as undergraduates are now renowned in their various professions.
- Managing Director/Editor-in-chief - Victor Ifijeh
- Editor - Adeniyi Adesina
- Deputy Editor - Emmanuel Oladesu
- Chairman, Editorial Board - Sam Omatseye
- Editor, Online - Sunday Oguntola
- Managing Editor, Northern Operation - Yusuf Alli
- Deputy Editor (News) - Bunmi Ogunmodede
- Deputy Editor (Nation's Capital) - Onyedi Ojeabor
- "Adeniyi Adesina, The Nation confirms Class as editor wins award - The Nation, Nigeria".
- Hollingsworth, Mark; Kemedi, Von (2015). Against The Odds. Troubador Publishing Ltd. p. 164. ISBN 9781784621339. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "About Us". The Nation. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- "The Nation Newspaper". Nigerian Newspaper.com. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "World-Newspapers > Africa > Nigeria". World Newspapers. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- Ojo, Gbenga (28 May 2015). "Ngozi Agbo: The unforgettable impact - The Nation Nigeria". The Nation, Nigeria. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "Nigeria: 3 journalists killed in weekend violence". China Daily. 2010-04-27. Retrieved 2011-04-14.
- "Names of Editors at the Nation Newspaper" (VOL.13, NO.4407). Vintage Press Limited. NATION NEWSPAPER. 2018-08-23. Retrieved 26 August 2018.