The Mystery of the Blue Room
The Mystery of the Blue Room (Czech: Záhada modrého pokoje) is a 1933 Czechoslovak mystery film, directed by Miroslav Cikán. It is a remake of the German film Secret of the Blue Room (1932). It stars Karel Hašler, František Kovářík, and Jaroslav Marvan.
|The Mystery of the Blue Room|
|Directed by||Miroslav Cikán|
|Screenplay by||Karel Hašler|
|Based on||Secret of the Blue Room, screenplay by Erich Philippi|
|Starring||Karel Hašler |
|Music by||Karel Hašler |
|Edited by||Antonín Zelenka|
|3 February 1933|
At a country house, to impress his girlfriend a young man volunteers to spend the night in the famous Blue Room where a notorious murder took place many years before. In the morning he has completely vanished.
- Karel Hašler as Count Hellford
- František Kovářík as Valet Pavel
- Jaroslav Marvan as Inspector Gent
- Antonín Novotný
- Helena Sedláková as Betty
- Jiřina Šejbalová as Countess Hellford
- František Smolík as the Stranger
- Milada Smolíková as Marie
- Jan Sviták as Naval officer
- Miroslav Svoboda as Tom Brandt
- Bedřich Vrbský as Betectiv Brown
- Rudolf Žák as Plainclothes Man
- Krautz p.278
- "Záhada modrého pokoje" (in Czech). Česko-Slovenská filmová databáze. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- Alfred Krautz. International Directory of Cinematographers Set and Costume Designers in Film: Czechoslovakia. Saur, 1991.