The Missing Guest
The Missing Guest is a 1938 American mystery film directed by John Rawlins and starring Paul Kelly, Constance Moore and William Lundigan. It is a remake of the 1933 film The Secret of the Blue Room, based on an original German film from the year before. It was followed by a further version Murder in the Blue Room in 1944.
|The Missing Guest|
|Directed by||John Rawlins|
|Produced by||Barney A. Sarecky|
|Written by||Charles Martin |
|Starring||Paul Kelly |
|Music by||Charles Previn|
|Cinematography||Milton R. Krasner|
|Edited by||Frank Gross|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|August 12, 1938|
- Paul Kelly as 'Scoop' Hanlon
- Constance Moore as Stephanie Kirkland
- William Lundigan as Larry Dearden
- Edwin Stanley as Dr. Carroll
- Selmer Jackson as Frank Baldrich
- Billy Wayne as 'Vic'
- George Cooper as 'Jake'
- P.J. Kelly as Edwards - the Butler
- Florence Wix as Linda Baldrich
- Harlan Briggs as Frank Kendall - Editor
- Pat C. Flick as Nikolaus Popoulos - Inventor
- John Harmon as Baldrich's Guard
- Guy Usher as Police Inspector McDonald
- Weaver & Brunas p.62
- Weaver, Tom & Brunas, Michael & Brunas, John. Universal Horrors: The Studio's Classic Films, 1931-1946. McFarland & Company, 2007.