The Mirror of Australia
The Mirror of Australia was an English language newspaper published in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia from 1915-1917. It later merged with the Globe and Sunday Times War Pictorial and continued under the masthead of Mirror.
The first issue of The Mirror of Australia appeared on 30 June 1915 and was modeled on the London Daily Mirror and London Daily Sketch papers. The last issue of The Mirror of Australia appeared on 19 May 1917. The paper was published during the First World War, and featured articles about Australian Imperial Forces and their engagement in the conflict.
- "IN EXPLANATION". The Mirror of Australia (Sydney, NSW : 1915 - 1917). Sydney, NSW: National Library of Australia. 30 July 1915. p. 2. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "SLNSW Catalogue". State Library of New South Wales. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Isaacs, Victor; Kirkpatrick, Rod, Two hundred years of Sydney newspapers: A short history (PDF), Rural Press Ltd
- State Library of New South Wales. Public Libraries Dept (1987), Union list of local newspapers in New South Wales public libraries, State Library of New South Wales, Public Libraries Dept, retrieved 30 June 2013
- "Trove". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "Newspaper Digitisation Program". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 12 June 2013.