The Mine with the Iron Door (1924 film)
The Mine with the Iron Door is a 1924 American silent epic Western melodrama directed by Sam Wood and produced by Sol Lesser. The film is based on the novel of the same name by American Author Harold Bell Wright published in 1923.
|The Mine with the Iron Door|
|Directed by||Sam Wood|
|Produced by||Sol Lesser|
|Written by||Louis D. Lighton (adaptation)|
Hope Loring (adaptation)
Mary Alice Scully
Arthur F. Statter
|Based on||The Mine with the Iron Door|
by Harold Bell Wright
|Distributed by||Principal Pictures Corporation|
In 2010 the film was tracked down by historian Demion Clinco and shown by the Tucson Historic Preservation Foundation. As part of the screening English inter-titles were recreated and an original musical score composed by New York-based conductor and composer Brian Holman.
In 1936 it was remade as a sound film The Mine with the Iron Door.
- Dorothy Mackaill - Marta Hilgrove
- Pat O'Malley - Hugh Edwards
- Raymond Hatton - The Lizard
- Bert Woodruff - Thad Grove
- Charles Murray - Bob Hill
- Mitchell Lewis - Sonora Jack
- Mary Carr - St. Jimmy's Mother
- William Collier Jr. - Chico
- Creighton Hale - St. Jimmy
- Robert Frazer - Natachee
- Clarence Burton - The Sheriff
- Lillian Leighton
The film was shot on location in the Tucson Arizona Valley, Oracle, Arizona, and Mt. Lemmon. While shooting the film the cast and crew stayed at the Triangle L Ranch and the Wilson Ranch (Rancho Linda Vista) outside of Oracle, Arizona off Historic US Route 80.
- The AFI Catalog of Feature Films: The Mine with the Iron Door
- The Library of Congress American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog: The Mine with the Iron Door
- The Mine with the Iron Door at the American Film Institute Catalog
- The Mine with the Iron Door on IMDb
- The Mine with the Iron Door at AllMovie