The Master Mystery
The Master Mystery is a 1918 American mystery silent serial film told in 15 installments. The film was directed by Harry Grossman and Burton L. King and written by Arthur B. Reeve and Charles Logue. The film stars Harry Houdini, Marguerite Marsh, Ruth Stonehouse, Edna Britton, William Pike, and Charles Graham. Episode 1 was released on November 18, 1918, by Octagon Films.
|The Master Mystery|
Episode eight poster
|Directed by||Harry Grossman|
Burton L. King
|Produced by||B. A. Rolfe|
|Screenplay by||Arthur B. Reeve|
|Music by||Michael Mortilla|
|Distributed by||Octagon Films|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
Justice Department agent Quentin Locke is investigating a powerful cartel that is protected by The Automaton, a robot. However, it uses a gas weapon known as The Madagascar Madness.
- Living Death
- The Iron Terror
- The Water Peril
- The Test
- The Chemist’s Shop
- The Mad Genius
- Barbed Wire
- The Challenge
- The Madagascan Madness
- The Binding Ring
- The Net
- The Death Noose
- The Flash of Death
- The Tangled Web
- Bound at Last; or, Unmasking of the Automaton
- "The-Master-Mystery - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". nytimes.com. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Silent Era : Home Video : The Master Mystery (1918-1919) Review". silentera.com. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Master Mystery.|
- "The Master Mystery" Full Movie on YouTube
- The Master Mystery on IMDb
The Master Mystery public domain audiobook at LibriVox