The Man in the Mirror (1936 film)
|The Man in the Mirror|
|Directed by||Maurice Elvey|
|Produced by||Julius Hagen|
|Written by||William Garrett (novel) |
F. McGrew Willis
|Starring||Edward Everett Horton|
|Edited by||Ralph Kemplen|
|Distributed by||Wardour Films|
A withdrawn, mild mannered man is surprised when his reflection in the mirror steps out of the mirror and tells him he is his alter ego, the kind of man he wishes he was. The man-in-the-mirror then begins to live the wild life that the man had always dreamed of.
- Edward Everett Horton as Jeremy Dilke
- Genevieve Tobin as Helen Dilke
- Ursula Jeans as Veronica Tarkington
- Garry Marsh as Charles Tarkington
- Aubrey Mather as Bogus of Bokhara
- Alastair Sim as Interpreter
- Renee Gadd as Miss Blake
- Viola Compton as Mrs. Massiter
- Stafford Hillard as Dr. Graves
- Felix Aylmer as Earl Of Wigan
- Merle Tottenham as Mary
- Syd Crossley as Minor role
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Sutton, David R. A chorus of raspberries: British film comedy 1929-1939. University of Exeter Press, 2000.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.