The Last Word (Australian TV program)
The Last Word is an Australian television news and commentary program, broadcast on Sky News Live. The program is hosted and moderated by David Speers, and features regular panellists Paul Murray, Janine Perrett and Laura Jayes. The program sees the Sky News presenters discuss and debate news of the day, focusing primarily on political topics.
|The Last Word|
Title card for The Last Word
|Genre||News, Current Affairs, Commentary|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||2|
|Production location(s)||Canberra, ACT|
|Running time||30 mins (inc. ads)|
|Original network||Sky News Australia|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||2016 (2015 as a segment) –|
|Related shows||PM Agenda|
The format originated as the 20 minute final segment of PM Agenda, which Speers hosts. In 2016 The Last Word broke out to become its own program, replacing the final 30 minutes of PM Agenda, airing four-times weekly at 5:30pm AEST. James Bracey was a previous panelist before he left Sky News at the end of 2016.
- "The Last Word - Foxtel". Foxtel. Archived from the original on 9 May 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- Knox, David (13 December 2011). "David Speers talks the talk". TV Tonight. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Ride for a Ride". Facebook. 21 December 2015. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- Molk, Steve (5 November 2015). "Foxtel announce new line-up for 2016". DeciderTV. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "David Speers fronts new weekly show for Sky News Australia". Mediaday. 5 February 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- Knox, David (9 May 2016). "SKY News election channel: guide". TV Tonight. Archived from the original on 9 May 2016.