The Last Outlaw (miniseries)
The Last Outlaw is a 1980 Australian four-part television miniseries based on the life of Ned Kelly. It was shot from February to May 1980 and the end of its original broadcast, in October–November 1980, coincided with the centenary of Ned Kelly's death.
|The Last Outlaw|
|Written by||Ian Jones|
|Directed by||George T. Miller|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of episodes||4|
|Executive producer(s)||Ian Jones|
|Producer(s)||Roger Le Mesurier|
|Running time||380 minutes (95 min each)|
|Production company(s)||Pegasus Productions|
|Original network||Seven Network|
|Original release||20 October 1980|
The complete miniseries has been released on region 4 DVD in Australia by Umbrella Entertainment.
- Ed. Scott Murray, Australia on the Small Screen 1970-1995 (1996), p.210, Oxford University Press.
- "Ned Kelly: Misfit or Murderer?". The Australian Women's Weekly. Your TV Magazine supplement. 8 October 1980. p. 24. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Ned Kelly: Bushranger". The Australian Women's Weekly. Your TV Magazine supplement. 22 October 1980. p. 21. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Ned Kelly: Bushranger". The Australian Women's Weekly. Your TV Magazine supplement. 5 November 1980. p. 22. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "The Last Outlaw DVD". Umbrella Entertainment.