The Landmark (Hong Kong)
Landmark (Chinese: 置地廣塲; Jyutping: zi3 dei6 gwong2 coeng4) is an commercial complex owned by Hongkong Land in Central, Hong Kong. The complex consists of three office towers, namely Gloucester Tower, Edinburgh Tower and York House. Its retail podium, Landmark Atrium, forms the core component of the shopping mall LANDMARK.
Cafe Landmark and the atrium of Landmark.
|Location||Central, Hong Kong|
The Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hotel is located in the lower floors of Edinburgh Tower, and it is directly linked to the retail floors of Landmark Atrium.
It is partly built on the site of the former Hong Kong Hotel, which was in its day the best known hotel on Hong Kong Island. In the 1970s, Hongkong Land started the development of the Landmark under its Central Redevelopment Scheme. The first phase of the project was completed in the late 1970s and the whole project was completed in 1983.
When the development was completed in 1983, the development consisted of a series of levels of shops surrounding a large central atrium with two office towers on top, known as Edinburgh Tower and Gloucester Tower respectively, and an annex building, known as the Landmark East. In 2003, Part of Edinburgh Tower was converted into The Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hotel, a boutique hotel.
In 2002, Hongkong Land announced a 1 billion dollar plan - The Landmark Scheme - to renovate The Landmark. The whole scheme included extending the existing shopping atrium to 3/F and 4/F of the building, introducing a department store Harvey Nichols and a hotel The Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hotel, and the redevelopment of The Landmark East into a new 14-floor office tower named York House. The scheme was completed in October 2006 with the opening of York House. To expand and upgrade the Landmark's retail offerings, architects Aedas and Kohn Pedersen Fox carved out areas in the existing retail atrium for several two-story flagship stores and added two new retail floors. A wall of folded glass panels envelopes the retail podium.
In early 2012, Hongkong Land launched a new brand "LANDMARK" for its retail portfolio in Central, covering its four interconnected shopping arcades at The Landmark, Alexandra House, Chater House and Prince's Building. The retail complex of the Landmark was subsequently branded as LANDMARK ATRIUM. At the same time, The Landmark (the complex) itself was renamed as Landmark.
Landmark is home to many leading law firms and barristers' chambers:
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates (42/F Edinburgh Tower)
- Han Kun Law Offices (38/F Edinburgh Tower)
- Des Voeux Chambers (38/F Gloucester Tower)
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP (32/F Gloucester Tower)
- Jones Day (31/F Edinburgh Tower)
- Squire Patton Boggs (29/F Edinburgh Tower)
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP (26/F Gloucester Tower)
- Herbert Smith Freehills (23/F Edinburgh Tower)
- Withers LLP (20/F Gloucester Tower)
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (18/F Gloucester Tower)
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP (19/F Edinburgh Tower)
- DLA Piper (17/F Edinburgh Tower)
- King & Wood Mallesons (13/F Gloucester Tower)
- Shearman & Sterling LLP (12/F Gloucester Tower)
- "The Landmark Scheme". Urban Land Institute.
- "Hong Kong | Locations | Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP". www.skadden.com. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Han Kun Law Offices". www.hankunlaw.com. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "DesVoeuxChambers". dvc.hk. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Gibson Dunn | Hong Kong". Gibson Dunn. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Jones Day's Hong Kong Office | Jones Day". www.jonesday.com. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Hong Kong | Locations | Squire Patton Boggs". www.squirepattonboggs.com. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Hong Kong | Locations | Kirkland & Ellis LLP". www.kirkland.com. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- email@example.com (2016-07-27). "Hong Kong". Herbert Smith Freehills | Global law firm. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Hong Kong Lawyers | Law Firm, Hong Kong | Withersworldwide". www.withersworldwide.com. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Hong Kong". Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Hong Kong". www.morganlewis.com. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Hong Kong | Locations | DLA Piper Global Law Firm". DLA Piper. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "KWM | Hong Kong". www.kwm.com. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Contact Us". Shearman & Sterling. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Landmark (Hong Kong).|