The Land of Smiles (1952 film)
The Land of Smiles (German: Das Land des Lächelns) is a 1952 West German operetta film directed by Hans Deppe and Erik Ode and starring Mártha Eggerth, Jan Kiepura and Walter Müller. It is an adaptation of the operetta The Land of Smiles composed by Franz Lehár which had previously been made into a 1930 film starring Richard Tauber.
|The Land of Smiles|
|Produced by||Kurt Ulrich|
|Edited by||Margarete Steinborn|
|2 October 1952|
- Mártha Eggerth as Lissy Licht, Sängerin
- Jan Kiepura as Sou Bawana Pantschur, Prinz von Javora
- Walter Müller as Gustl Potter, ein junger Wiener
- Paul Hörbiger as Professor Ferdinand Licht
- Karin Von Dassel as Mi, Schwester von Prinz Sou
- Karl Meixner as Exzellenz Tschang
- Ludwig Schmitz as Kato
- Brigitte Lwowsky as Chrysanthème
- Traubner p.249
- Traubner, Richard. Operetta: A Theatrical History. Routledge, 2003.