The International School at ParkCity
The International School @ ParkCity (ISP) is an international school catering for students age 3-18, located in the award-winning residential area of Desa ParkCity in Segambut, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The school was established by a partnership between Brighton Education Group Sdn Bhd, who provide educational services in ASEAN, and Perdana ParkCity Sdn Bhd who operates this and other townships. It opened in September 2011.
|The International School @ ParkCity|
|Motto||Learning Beyond Boundaries|
Accreditations and awards
It is a member of the Association of International Malaysian Schools (AIMS), and the Federation of British International Schools in Asia (FOBISIA).
In 2016 and 2018 it was selected by Apple as an Apple Distinguished School, an award that recognises the school as "an exemplary learning environment for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence".
ISP is an Award Centre for the Duke of Edinburgh's International Award (DOE-IA).
A house system operates across the school. They all represent endangered animals found in Malaysia and were chosen by the students.
- Badak - Bornean rhino (red)
- Gajah - Borneo pygmy elephant (purple)
- Harimau - Malayan tiger (orange)
- Penyu - green turtle (green)
Each house is led by two teacher leaders from Primary and Secondary. All students are assigned a house upon enrolment, with siblings (and their parents) always sharing the same House. Competitions and activities are held throughout the year to win the termly house trophies. Each House has a House Captain (from Year 10) and a Vice House Captain (from Year 6), elected by the students. The Houses each organise an annual House Week, where many events take place, giving students the chance to earn house points and raise money for the school's chosen charities.
- "Desa ParkCity - The International School @ ParkCity". www.desaparkcity.com. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Committed to creating a 'lovable' township". Edgeprop.my. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Public Facilities". Desa ParkCity. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Education's influence on housing". The Star Online. 6 September 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Find a Cambridge school". www.cambridgeinternational.org. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Member Schools". AIMS. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "FOBISIA: Our Schools". www.fobisia.org. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Education - Apple Distinguished Schools". Apple (Malaysia). Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "ADS recognition - Apple Distinguished School.pdf". Google Docs. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "ISQM Report 2017" (PDF). isp.edu.my. November 2017.
- "International Award". The International School @ Park City. 18 May 2017. Retrieved 19 April 2018.