The Hordern Mystery
|The Hordern Mystery|
|Directed by||Harry Southwell|
|Produced by||Harry Southwell|
|Written by||M.F. Gatwood|
|Based on||novel by Edmund Finn|
Southwell Screen Plays
|23 October 1920|
Unlike many Australian silent films, it still survives today.
Money-hungry Gilbert Hordern is married to an adoring wife and has a child. He pretends to be his own evil twin brother so he can marry a millionaire's daughter. He succeeds but is wracked with guilt and confesses. He wakes up and realises it was all a dream.
- Claude Turton as Gilbert Hordern
- Flo Little as Midge Hordern
- Floris St George as Laura Yellaboyce
- Godfrey Cass as Dan Yellaboyce
- Thomas Sinclair as Peter Mull
- Beatrice Hamilton as Mrs Mull
- David Edelsten
- "Filmography", Cinema Papers, June–July 1980 p175
- Andrew Pike and Ross Cooper, Australian Film 1900–1977: A Guide to Feature Film Production, Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 1998, 102.