The Herald (Ireland)
The Herald is a nationwide mid-market tabloid newspaper headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and published by Independent News & Media who are a subsidiary of Mediahuis. It is published Monday-Saturday. The paper was known as the Evening Herald until its name was changed in 2013.
|Format||Tabloid (formerly broadsheet)|
|Owner(s)||Independent News & Media who are a subsidiary of Mediahuis|
|Headquarters||Talbot Street, Dublin|
Until November 2000, the Evening Herald was produced and pressed in Independent House on Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1. The monochrome printing facility in the basement of this building was then retired, and the paper is now printed in full colour at a purpose-built plant in Citywest, along with the Irish Independent, the Sunday Independent and various other regional newspapers owned by Independent News & Media. In 2004, production of the paper was moved from Independent House to a new office on Talbot Street and the paper's old home was sold to the neighbouring department store, Arnotts, for an estimated €26 million.
The life of Herald music critic Chris Wasser was threatened by fans of boy band The Wanted in 2012 following the publication of his review of their gig in Dublin.
In March 2017, it was announced that INM were merging the Sunday World and The Herald newsrooms.
On 10 October 2005, a free version of the Evening Herald, published in the mornings and entitled Herald AM, began distribution, as a defensive measure against the Daily Mail and General Trust-owned Metro, launched on the same date. It joined with another morning freesheet Metro to become the Metro Herald. Herald AM later closed.
In 2019, Independent News & Media exited the ABC auditing process. Hence, no circulation figures are available after 2018.
- "Evening Herald Irish Newspaper Archives".
- "'Don't kill Herald critic', The Wanted tell fans". Evening Herald. Independent News & Media. 14 March 2012. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Roy Greenslade (4 March 2013). "Dublin evening paper to change title and be sold in the mornings". the Guardian. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "INM to merge 'Herald' and 'Sunday World' newsrooms".
- "Good times begin to roll for hard-pressed newspaper sector".
- "Irish Newspapers: Contrasting slants on circulation figures".
- "Big drop for the Evening Herald". RTÉ.ie. 31 August 2006.
- "Irish Evening Newspaper Circulation Jan June 2011 - Media and Marketing Consulting, PPC, SEO Ireland, Search Engine Optimisation".
- "Evening Newspaper ABC Circulations, Jan-June 2012 - SEO Ireland, Search Engine Optimisation, Media and Marketing Consulting". ilevel.ie. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Evening Newspapers ABC June-Dec 2012 - SEO Ireland, Search Engine Optimisation, Media and Marketing Consulting". ilevel.ie. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Evening Newspapers ABC June-Dec 2014 - SEO Ireland, Search Engine Optimisation, Media and Marketing Consulting". ilevel.ie. Archived from the original on 20 February 2015. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Irish Newspaper Circulation July-Dec 2017 Island of Ireland Report - Media and Marketing Consulting, PPC, SEO Ireland, Search Engine Optimisation".