The Heirloom Mystery
The Heirloom Mystery is a 1936 British drama film directed by Maclean Rogers and starring Edward Rigby, Mary Glynne and Gus McNaughton. After being secretly commissioned by a man to create a replica piece of furniture so he can sell the valuable original without his wife knowing, Charles Marriott's firm find themselves under investigation.
|The Heirloom Mystery|
|Directed by||Maclean Rogers|
|Produced by||A. George Smith|
|Written by||Kathleen Butler |
|Starring||Edward Rigby |
George Smith Productions
|Distributed by||RKO Pictures|
- Edward Rigby as Charles Marriott
- Mary Glynne as Lady Benton
- Gus McNaughton as Alfred Fisher
- Marjorie Taylor as Mary
- John Robinson as Dick Marriott
- Martin Lewis as Sir Arthur Benton
- Kathleen Gibson as Doris
- Louanne Shaw as Millie
- Bruce Lester as Alf Dene
- H.F. Maltby as Mr. Lewis
- Michael Ripper as Minor role
- Chibnall p.289
- Chibnall, Steve. Quota Quickies: The Birth of the British 'B' Film. British Film Institute, 2007.
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.