The Hazards are a mountain range located in the Freycinet National Park on the east coast of Tasmania, Australia. The range is positioned between Coles Bay and Wineglass Bay and are said to be named after local whaler, African-American Captain Richard Hazard. The range consists of 5 mountains; Mayson, Amos, Dove, Baudin and Parson.
The Hazards from the southern section of Hazard Beach.
|Elevation||10 metres (33 ft)|
|Location||East Coast Tasmania|
Features and location
The track to Wineglass Bay and lookout runs over the saddle between Mounts Mayson and Amos.
- "The Hazards (TAS)". Gazetteer of Australia online. Geoscience Australia, Australian Government.
- TASMAP - Freycinet National Park. Department of Primary Industries and Water.
- State Library of Tasmania; Tasmania. Archives Office (1800), Distant view of the Hazards, East Coast, 1 photographic print, retrieved 17 June 2015
- "Six practices have been shortlisted for The Hazards at Freycinet, a resort at Coles Bay.(Tasmania)(Brief Article)". Architecture Australia. Architecture Media. 92 (4): 14(1). 1 July 2003. ISSN 0003-8725.
- "Hazards loom large". The Sydney Morning Herald. 24 July 2010. Archived from the original on 24 July 2010. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
Media related to Freycinet National Park at Wikimedia Commons