The Gypsy Baron (1954 film)
The Gypsy Baron (German: Der Zigeunerbaron) is a 1954 West German operetta film directed by Arthur Maria Rabenalt and starring Paul Hörbiger, Gerhard Riedmann and Margit Saad. It is an adaptation of the 1885 operetta The Gypsy Baron.
|The Gypsy Baron|
|Directed by||Arthur Maria Rabenalt|
|Produced by||Kurt Ulrich|
|Music by||Johann Strauss (operetta)|
|Edited by||Margarete Steinborn|
It was shot at the Tempelhof Studios in Berlin and on location in various places in Yugoslavia including Belgrade and Sarajevo. The film's sets were designed by Willi Herrmann, Paul Markwitz, Peter Schlewski and Heinrich Weidemann.
- Paul Hörbiger as Barinkay
- Gerhard Riedmann as Sandor, sein Sohn
- Margit Saad as Saffi
- Karl Schönböck as Oberst Homonay
- Oskar Sima as Kalman Zsupan, Schweinezüchter
- Maria Sebaldt as Arsena, seine Tochter
- Peer Schmidt as Ottokar, Sekretär
- Harald Paulsen as Graf Carnero
- Karl Finkenzeller as Janos, ein junger Zigeuner
- Trude Hesterberg as Zipra, eine alte Zigeunerin
- Gert Kollat as Ein Emigrant
- Waltraut Haas as Kaiserin Maria Theresia
- Goble p. 446
- Goble, Alan (1999). The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film. Walter de Gruyter. ISBN 978-3-11-095194-3.