The Great Texas Dynamite Chase
|The Great Texas Dynamite Chase|
Promotional release poster
|Directed by||Michael Pressman|
|Music by||Craig Safan|
Busting out of prison, Candy Morgan (Claudia Jennings) gets out of her jumpsuit and robs a small Texas bank, with lighted sticks of dynamite. She is assisted by bank teller Ellie-Jo Turner (Jocelyn Jones), who has just been fired for persistent lateness and "total lack of character." Later, Candy picks up Ellie-Jo hitchhiking. The two tightly outfitted women decide to team-up and become a modern-day "Bonnie and Clyde" (or "Bonnie and Bonnie"). They meet Sim (Johnny Crawford) robbing a convenience store, and take him hostage. Knowing good gigs when he sees them, he makes the dynamite duo a threesome.
- Claudia Jennings as Candy Morgan
- Tara Strohmeier as Pam Morgan
- Jocelyn Jones as Ellie-Jo Turner
- Miles Watkins as Boyfriend
- Nancy Bleier as Carol
- Buddy Kling as Mr. Sherman
- Oliver Clark as Officer Andy
- Tom Rosqui as Jason Morgan
- Ed Steef as Todd
- Danny Sullivan as Young Texan
- Bart Braverman as Freddie
- Peggy Brenner as Bank Teller
- Jim Boles as Mr. Ralston
- Christopher Pennock as Jake
- Priscilla Pointer as Miss Harris
Variety called it "a good example of a well-made exploitation film which works on two levels, providing kicks for the ozoner crowd and tongue-in-cheek humor for the more sophisticated." Vincent Canby of The New York Times wrote, "Like every other low-budget, regional melodrama of this kind, the movie is virtually constructed of automobile chases in which every shot of the lead car turning a corner, hitting a bump or swerving to avoid a truck must be repeated by a shot of the pursuing car dealing with the same set of circumstances." Linda Gross of the Los Angeles Times stated, "Producer David Irving makes an auspicious first feature debut in this stylish and enjoyable fantasy about friendship among thieves."
- "'Texas Dynamite Chase' Breaks Big in Houston". BoxOffice. August 30, 1976. SW-1.
- "Film Reviews: The Great Texas Dynamite Chase". Variety. August 18, 1976. 24.
- "The Great Texas Dynamite Chase". www.allmovie.com. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "The Great Texas Dynamite Chase". www.rottentomatoes.com. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- Canby, Vincent (March 12, 1977). "2 Kinds of Pursuits in Films". The New York Times. 25.
- Gross, Linda (October 20, 1976). "Bank Robbing, Female-Style". Los Angeles Times. Part IV, p. 15.