The Graduates of Malibu High
The Graduates of Malibu High is a low budget American crime-drama film starring James Van Patten, Ernest Borgnine, Richard Roundtree, and Lynda Day George. It is known as Young Warriors in the United Kingdom. It was released theatrically by Cannon Films on August 26, 1983. It has only been released on VHS and on Laserdisc in the United Kingdom.
|The Graduates of Malibu High|
|Directed by||Lawrence D. Foldes|
|Produced by||Victoria Paige Meyerink|
|Written by||Russell W. Colgin|
Lawrence D. Foldes
Lynda Day George
James Van Patten
|Music by||Rob Walsh|
|Edited by||Ted Nicolaou|
|Distributed by||Cannon Home Video|
|Box office||$238,534 (US)|
A young woman (April Dawn) is gang raped and murdered by the bikers in a California college town, sparking her brother Kevin (James Van Patten) to take up arms by night with a gang of like-minded vigilantes from his fraternity, brutally punishing any miscreants they catch in a criminal act. In the meantime, Kevin debates the issue of violent crime in the U.S. with his teachers and others during the day. As Kevin and his gang head toward a final, bloody confrontation with the low-lifes who murdered his sister, other scenes show the difference between his character, now violent, and the people he is supposedly protecting.
- Ernest Borgnine - Lieutenant Bob Carrigan
- Richard Roundtree - Sergeant John Austin
- Lynda Day George - Beverly Carrigan
- James Van Patten - Kevin Carrigan
- Anne Lockhart - Lucy
- Tom Reilly - Scott
- Ed De Stefane - Stan
- Dick Shawn - Professor Hoover
- Mike Norris - Fred
- Linnea Quigley - Ginger
- Pete Tavoularias - extra
- "Young Warriors - Box Office Data". The Numbers. Retrieved 29 July 2011.
- Klotman & Gibson 1997, p. 531.
- Quinlan 1989, p. 60.
- London, Michael (August 14, 1983). "EVEN FOR A 'GHOSTDIRECTOR,' THIS FILM WAS A NIGHTMARE". Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles: Los Angeles Times Communications LLC (Nant Capital). p. u4.
- Simpson, Paul (2013). Elvis Films FAQ: All That's Left to Know About the King of Rock 'n' Roll in Hollywood (Paperback ed.). Milwaukee: Applause Theatre & Cinema Books. ISBN 978-1557838582.
- Klotman, Phyllis Rauch; Gibson, Gloria J. (1997). Frame by Frame II: A Filmography of the African American Image, 1978–1994 (Annotated ed.). Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana University Press. p. 531. ISBN 978-0253211200.
- Quinlan, David (1989). Quinlan's illustrated directory of film stars (3rd ed.). London: Chrysalis Books. p. 60. ISBN 978-0713444803.