The Glitterball is a 1977 British sci-fi children's film made by Mark Forstater Productions for the Children's Film Foundation. It was directed by Harley Cokeliss, credited under his birth name of Harley Cokliss. The film was screened at the 2010 Edinburgh Film Festival as part of a retrospective of 16 "rarely seen" British films made between 1967 and 1979, "rediscovered" after a year of detective work by event staff. In 1979, Methuen Publishing released the children's novel by the same name, written by screenwriters Howard Thompson and Harley Cokliss. ISBN 9780416863406.
|Directed by||Harley Cokliss|
|Produced by||Mark Forstater|
|Written by||Michael Abrams, Howard Thompson, Harley Cokliss|
Awards and nominations
- 1982, nominated for Fantasporto 'International Fantasy Film Award' for 'Best film' for Harley Cokeliss.
- "Review: The Glitterball". Time Out. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Landers Film Reviews. Volume 28: Landers Associates. 1983. p. 109.
- Carrell, Severin (1 June 2010). "Edinburgh film festival to screen 'lost and forgotten' British movies. Rarely seen works by Ken Russell, Stephen Frears and Albert Finney among festival retrospective". The Guardian. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Cinefantastique, Volumes 6-7. F. S. Clarke. 1977. p. 35.
- "The Glitterball (1977)". The Encyclopedia of Fantastic Film and Television. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- The Glitterball on IMDb
- The Glitterball at the BFI's Screenonline. Full synopsis and film stills (and clips viewable from UK libraries).