|Studio album by |
Steve Lacy Sextet
|Recorded||July 16–18, 1986|
|Studio||Sound Ideas Studio, NYC|
|Label||Silkheart (SHLP 102)|
|Steve Lacy chronology|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz|
The Penguin Guide to Jazz states "it's another perfectly acceptable quartet performance for enthusiasts, and the two takes of "Napping" provide much to think about" In his review on AllMusic, Scott Yanow states "This Silkheart release has one of the finest all-around recordings by Steve Lacy's Sextet ... all five compositions are Lacy originals. Overall, this set gives listeners a particularly strong example of the work of the innovative Steve Lacy Sextet.".
All compositions by Steve Lacy
- "Gay Paree Bop" – 9:04
- "Napping" – 8:58
- "The Gleam" – 7:41
- "As Usual" – 12:03
- "Keepsake" – 10:22
- "Napping" [Take 2] – 10:28 Bonus track on CD
- Silkheart Records catalog, accessed February 5, 2017
- Jazzlists: Silkheart records discography, accessed February 5, 2017
- Discography of Steve Lacy, accessed February 5, 2017
- Yanow, Scott. Steve Lacy – The Gleam: Review at AllMusic. Retrieved February 5, 2017.
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (1996). The Penguin Guide to Jazz on CD. The Penguin Guide to Jazz (3rd ed.). London: Penguin. pp. 780–781. ISBN 014051368X.