The Giant of the Dolomites
The Giant of the Dolomites (Italian: Il gigante delle Dolomiti) is a 1927 Italian silent adventure film directed by Guido Brignone and starring Bartolomeo Pagano, Aldo Marus and Elena Lunda. It was the last in a series of silent films featuring the peplum hero Maciste, but the character was later revived in the 1960s.
|The Giant of the Dolomites|
|Directed by||Guido Brignone|
|Written by||Guido Brignone|
|Starring||Bartolomeo Pagano |
|20 January 1927|
- Bartolomeo Pagano as Maciste, la guida alpina
- Aldo Marus as Il nipotino Hans
- Elena Lunda as Vanna Dardos
- Dolly Grey as Maud, la pittrice
- Andrea Habay as Ing. Ewert
- Luigi Serventi as Müller, l'avventurieno
- Oreste Grandi as Schulz il contrabbandiere
- Felice Minotti
- Mario Saio
- Augusto Poggioli
- Augusto Bandini
- Brunetta p.64
- Brunetta, Gian Piero. The History of Italian Cinema: A Guide to Italian Film from Its Origins to the Twenty-first Century. Princeton University Press, 2009.
- Ricci, Steven. Cinema and Fascism: Italian Film and Society, 1922–1943. University of California Press, 2008.