The Gay Defender
The Gay Defender is a lost 1927 American silent drama film directed by Gregory La Cava and written by Ray Harris, Grover Jones, Herman J. Mankiewicz, George Marion Jr., Sam Mintz, and Kenneth Raisbeck. The film stars Richard Dix, Thelma Todd, Fred Kohler, Jerry Mandy, Robert Brower, Harry Holden, and Fred Esmelton. The film was released on December 10, 1927, by Paramount Pictures.
|The Gay Defender|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Gregory La Cava|
|Produced by||Jesse L. Lasky|
|Screenplay by||Ray Harris|
Herman J. Mankiewicz
George Marion Jr.
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
- Richard Dix as Joaquin Murrieta
- Thelma Todd as Ruth Ainsworth
- Fred Kohler as Jake Hamby
- Jerry Mandy as Chombo
- Robert Brower as Ferdinand Murrieta
- Harry Holden as Padre Sebastian
- Fred Esmelton as Commissioner Ainsworth
- Frances Raymond as Aunt Emily
- Ernie Adams as Bart Hamby
- Augustina López as Extra (uncredited)
- The Library of Congress American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog: The Gay Defender
- The Gay Defender at Arne Andersen's Lost Film Files: Lost Paramount Films - 1927
- Hall, Mordaunt (1927-12-26). "Movie Review - Blood and Roses". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- "The Gay Defender". Afi.com. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Gay Defender (1927 film).|