The Gamble (1988 film)
The Gamble (originally titled La partita) is a 1988 Italian comedy film directed by Carlo Vanzina. It was shot in Rome and Venice. The film is based on the novel with the same name written by Alberto Ongaro. It was generally panned by critics.
|Directed by||Carlo Vanzina|
|Music by||Pino Donaggio|
|Edited by||Ruggero Mastroianni|
Cecchi Gori Group
|Distributed by||Prism Entertainment|
- Matthew Modine as Francesco Sacredo
- Faye Dunaway as Countess Matilda Von Wallenstein
- Jennifer Beals as Lady Olivia Candioni
- Ian Bannen as Francesco's father
- Corinne Cléry as Jacqueline
- Federica Moro as Lucrezia
- Ana Obregón as the actress
- Feodor Chaliapin, Jr. as Federico
- Jacques Herlin as Old fiancé of Olivia
- Karina Huff as Blond Maid
- Gianfranco Barra as Manolo
- Vernon Wells as First Brother Podestà
- Ennio Fulgheri. Manuale del cinema italiano. Swan, 1998.
- "The Movie Chart". Los Angeles Times. July 3, 1988.
- Bruno Di Marino. Premiata ditta "fratelli Vanzina". Falsopiano, 1998.
- Roberto Chiti; Roberto Poppi; Enrico Lancia. Dizionario del cinema italiano. Gremese Editore, 1991.