The Gale Storm Show
The Gale Storm Show is an American sitcom starring Gale Storm. The series premiered on September 29, 1956, and ran until 1960 for 126 half-hour black-and-white episodes, initially on CBS and in its last year on ABC. Its title is also seen as The Gale Storm Show: Oh, Susanna.
|The Gale Storm Show|
|Also known as||''Oh, Susanna''|
|Created by||Lee Karson|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||126|
|Executive producer(s)||Hal Roach|
|Producer(s)||Hal Roach, Jr.|
|Running time||26 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Hal Roach Studios|
Independent Television Corporation
|Distributor||Independent Television Corporation|
|Original network||CBS (1956–1959)|
|Original release||September 29, 1956 –|
September 22, 1960
The series was aired under the title Oh, Susanna in syndication.
The series is based on a cruise director, Susanna Pomeroy (Storm), on a ship traveling around the world. A cast of regular characters inhabits the ship and new situations are created as the ship moors in ports. Unlike her previous role on My Little Margie, Storm's character emits a shrill, two-fingered whistle to get people's attention. On her previous show, she would make a Trilling sound when in trouble.
The series finished at #16 in the Nielsen ratings for the 1957–1958 season.
- Gale Storm as Susanna Pomeroy
- ZaSu Pitts as Elvira Nugent
- Roy Roberts as Captain Huxley
- James Fairfax as Cedric
Notable guest stars
|1959||Nominated||Emmy Award||Best Supporting Actress (Continuing Character) in a Comedy Series||ZaSu Pitts|
- Terrace, Vincent (2011). Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010 (2nd ed.). Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers. p. 376. ISBN 978-0-7864-6477-7.
- Tucker, David C. (2012). The Women Who Made Television Funny: Ten Stars of 1950s Sitcoms. McFarland. pp. 150–153. ISBN 9780786487325. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- "ClassicTVHits.com: TV Ratings > 1950's". www.classictvhits.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Gale Storm Show.|