The Flying Fifty-Five (1924 film)
The Flying Fifty-Five is a 1924 British silent sports film directed by A. E. Coleby and starring Lionelle Howard, Frank Perfitt and Lionel d'Aragon. It is based on a 1922 novel of the same title by Edgar Wallace, and was remade as a sound film in 1939.
|The Flying Fifty-Five|
|Directed by||A. E. Coleby|
|Written by||A. E. Coleby|
|Based on||The Flying Fifty-Five |
by Edgar Wallace
|Starring||Lionelle Howard |
|Distributed by||Stoll Pictures|
- Lionelle Howard as Reggie Cambrey
- Stephanie Stephens as Stella Barrington
- Brian B. Lemon as Lord Fountwell
- Frank Perfitt as Joanh Urquhart
- Lionel d'Aragon as Sir Jacques Gregory
- Bert Darley as Honourable Claude Barrington
- Adeline Hayden Coffin as Aunt
- John Alexander as Jebson
- Johnny Butt
- Annie Esmond
- Low p.160
- Goble, Alan. The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film. Walter de Gruyter, 1999.
- Low, Rachael. The History of the British Film 1918-1929. George Allen & Unwin, 1971.