The Flower of Hawaii (1933 film)
The Flower of Hawaii (German: Die Blume von Hawaii) is a 1933 German musical film directed by Richard Oswald and starring Mártha Eggerth and Iván Petrovich. It is an adaptation of the operetta The Flower of Hawaii by Paul Abraham. The operetta was later adapted again for a 1953 film. It is based on the life of the last Queen of Hawaii, Liliuokalani.
|The Flower of Hawaii|
|Directed by||Richard Oswald|
|Produced by||Richard Oswald|
|Music by||Paul Abraham|
|Edited by||Friedel Buckow|
- Mártha Eggerth as Susanne Lamond
- Hans Fidesser as Lilo Taro
- Iván Petrovich as Kapitän Harald Stone
- Hans Junkermann as Gouverneur Harrison
- Baby Gray as Bessy
- Ernő Verebes as Buffy, Sekretär
- Fritz Fischer as Jim Boy
- Ferdinand Hart as Kanako Hilo
- Eugen Rex as Kililo
- Carl Auen as Kapitän Taylor
- Georg John as Oberpriester von Hawaii
- Traubner, Richard (2003). Operetta: A Theatrical History. Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-96641-2.
- "Die Blume von Hawaii". Filmportal.de. Retrieved 3 November 2012.