The Fiancee (film)
The Fiancee (German: Die Verlobte) is a 1980 East German drama film directed by Günter Reisch and Günther Rücker and based on a novel by Eva Lippold. The film is about the resistance of the communist Hella Lindau (Jutta Wachowiak) and her fiancé Hermann Reimers (Regimantas Adomaitis) against the Nazis.
The film won the Crystal Globe at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival. It was also chosen as East Germany's official submission to the 53rd Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film, but did not manage to receive a nomination.
- List of submissions to the 53rd Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of German submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- H. G. Pflaum. "On the history of the German candidates for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film". German Films. Archived from the original on 2009-05-09. Retrieved 2008-08-27.
- The Fiancee on IMDb
- The Fiancee at Filmportal.de
- The Fiancee on the DEFA-Stiftung web site (in German)