The Fargo Kid
The Fargo Kid is a 1940 American film directed by Edward Killy starring Tim Holt. It was the second in Holt's series of Westerns for RKO. The film was shot in Kanab Canyon, Cave Lakes, and Johnson Canyon.:287
|The Fargo Kid|
|Directed by||Edward Killy|
|Produced by||Bert Gilroy (producer)|
Lee S. Marcus (executive producer)
|Written by||Morton Grant (writer)|
Arthur V. Jones (writer)
|Based on||Sir Piegan Passes|
1923 short story
by W.C. Tuttle
|Music by||John Leipold|
|Cinematography||Harry J. Wild|
|Edited by||Frederic Knudtson|
|Distributed by||RKO Pictures|
|December 6, 1940|
The script was based on a story which had been previously filmed as Man in the Rough (1928) and The Cheyenne Kid (1935).
A cowpuncher is mistaken for a notorious gunman.
- Ray Whitley's combo – "Crazy Ole Trails Ahead" (Music and lyrics by Ray Whitley and Fred Rose)
- Ray Whitley's combo – "Twilight on the Prairie" (Music and lyrics by Ray Whitley and Fred Rose)
- "Echo in the Night" (Music and lyrics by Ray Whitley and Fred Rose)
- "The Fargo Kid: Detail View". American Film Institute. Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "On The Range With Tim Holt". The Mercury. Hobart, Tasmania. 15 March 1941. p. 4. Retrieved 6 June 2013 – via National Library of Australia.
- D'Arc, James V. (2010). When Hollywood came to town: a history of moviemaking in Utah (1st ed.). Layton, Utah: Gibbs Smith. ISBN 9781423605874.
- Richard Jewell & Vernon Harbin, The RKO Story. New Rochelle, New York: Arlington House, 1982. p154
- "JANE DRUMMOND Crashes Hollywood!: WHO IS JANE DRUMMOND? ASK JANE DRUMMOND". Chicago Daily Tribune. 16 Feb 1941. p. 3.
- The Fargo Kid on IMDb
- The Fargo Kid at AllMovie
- The Fargo Kid at the TCM Movie Database
- The Fargo Kid at the American Film Institute Catalog
- The Fargo Kid is available for free download at the Internet Archive