The Family (1987 film)
The Family (Italian: La famiglia) is a 1987 Italian film, directed by Ettore Scola and starred by Vittorio Gassman, Fanny Ardant, Philippe Noiret and Stefania Sandrelli. It was entered into the 1987 Cannes Film Festival.
|Directed by||Ettore Scola|
|Produced by||Franco Committeri|
|Written by||Ruggero Maccari|
|Music by||Armando Trovajoli|
|Edited by||Francesco Malvestito|
It is the portrait of a bourgeois Italian family seen through the eyes of Carlo, an old retired professor who is the last patriarch of his family. The memoirs of Carlo characterizes the entire film, from the time of the Belle Époque until the eighties, through two world wars, the economic boom, love, friendship and all the events which constitute human life.
All without changing their place of action: the film unfolds all around the apartment bought by the grandfather of Carlo.
It shows the family and its dynastic succession and with his habits.
- Vittorio Gassman as Carlo, as a man / Carlo's grandfather
- Stefania Sandrelli as Beatrice
- Andrea Occhipinti as Carlo as a young man
- Fanny Ardant as Adriana
- Philippe Noiret as Jean Luc
- Carlo Dapporto as Giulio, as a man
- Massimo Dapporto as Giulio, as a boy
- Sergio Castellitto as Carletto
- Ricky Tognazzi as Paolino
- Ottavia Piccolo as Adelina
- Athina Cenci as Aunt Margherita
- Emanuele Lamaro as Carlo, as a child
- Cecilia Dazzi as Beatrice, as a girl
- Jo Champa as Adriana as a young woman
- Joska Versari as Giulio, as a child
- Alberto Gimignani as Giulio, as a boy
- Dagmar Lassander: Marika
- "Festival de Cannes: La famiglia". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-07-19.
- "The 60th Academy Awards (1988) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 16 August 2015.