The Eyes of Annie Jones
The Eyes of Annie Jones is a 1964 American-British drama film directed by Reginald Le Borg and starring Richard Conte, Francesca Annis and Joyce Carey. The film tells the story of a sleepwalking young woman involved with a murder.
|The Eyes of Annie Jones|
|Directed by||Reginald Le Borg|
|Produced by||Neil McCallum|
|Written by||Louis Vittes|
|Based on||story by Henry Slesar|
|Music by||Buxton Orr|
|Edited by||Robert Winter|
Jack Parsons-Neil McCallum Productions
Associated Producers Inc
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox (US)|
The film was shot in Spain and financed by Robert L. Lippert.
Taxi driver Lucas murders wealthy Geraldine Wheeler, with whom he had been having an affair. The victim's Aunt Helen gets in touch with Geraldine's brother David and with Annie Jones, a 17-year-old girl from a nearby orphanage, who is said to have powers of extrasensory perception.
It turns out David has been embezzling from the family and hired Lucas to do the killing. A sleepwalking Annie seems to be possessed by the dead woman's spirit, saying things like, "They won't let me rest." When she approaches a spot where the body is buried, David has to prevent Lucas from killing the girl.
The two men have a falling out over money Lucas is still owed. The police become suspicious of him, and Lucas dies after crashing his speeding car. David is arrested, and the body and soul of Geraldine had not been allowed to rest, now found in the car's trunk.
- Richard Conte as David Wheeler
- Francesca Annis as Annie Jones
- Joyce Carey as Aunt Helen
- Myrtle Reed as Carol Wheeler
- Shay Gorman as Lucas
- Victor Brooks as Sergeant Henry
- Jean Lodge as Geraldine Wheeler
- Alan Haines as Constable Marlowe
- Mara Purcell as Orphanage Matron
- Mark Dignam as Orphanage Director
- Patricia McCarron as Miss Crossley
- Max Bacon as Publican Hoskins
- Barbara Leake as Margaret
- EYES OF ANNIE JONES, the. (1964, Monthly Film Bulletin, 31, 9. Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/1305834337
- "The Eyes of Annie Jones (1963)". British Film Institute. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- Lippert voices different slant on 'runaways'. (1963, Jun 17). Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/168382045
- FILMLAND EVENTS. (1963, Feb 28). Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/168190988
- Scheuer, P. K. (1963, Mar 12). History just lark to mayans in film. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/168260009
- FILMLAND EVENTS. (1963, Jun 21). Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/168326468
- The Eyes of Annie Jones on IMDb
- The Eyes of Annie Jones at AllMovie
- The Eyes of Annie Jones at the TCM Movie Database
- Review of film at New York Times
- Eyes of Annie Jones at BFI