The Eternal Three
The Eternal Three is a 1923 American silent drama film produced and distributed by Goldwyn Pictures. It was directed by both Marshall Neilan and Frank Urson. Hobart Bosworth, Claire Windsor, and Bessie Love star.
|The Eternal Three|
|Directed by||Marshall Neilan|
|Produced by||Samuel Goldwyn|
|Written by||Marshall Neilan (story)|
Carey Wilson (scenario)
|Distributed by||Goldwyn Pictures|
|7 reels; 6,708 feet|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
The film was made from a screen story by Neilan and is now a lost film, although a brief production scene of director Marshall Neilan with stars Raymond Griffith, Hobart Bosworth, and Claire Windsor appear in the restored film Souls for Sale.
Dr. Frank R. Walters (Bosworth) is a prominent brain surgeon whose career drives him to neglect his younger wife (Windsor) and foster son Leonard (Griffith). Leonard seduces both his father's wife and secretary Hilda (Love). When Leonard is injured in an automobile accident, his father operates on him, but then sends him away to Europe. Dr. Walters is resolved to spend more time with his wife.
- Hobart Bosworth as Dr. Frank R. Walters
- Claire Windsor as Mrs. Frank R. Walters
- Raymond Griffith as Leonard Foster
- Bessie Love as Hilda Gray
- George Cooper as Bob Gray
- Tom Gallery as Tommy Tucker
- Helen Lynch as Miriam Barnes
- Alec B. Francis as Dr. Steven Browning
- William Orlamond as Hacienda Owner
- Charles West as Butler
- Marion Aye as Maid
- William Norris as Old Roué
- James F. Fulton as Governor
- Irene Hunt as Governor's Wife
- Peaches Jackson as Governor's Child
- Victory Bateman as Mrs. Tucker
- Billie Bennett as Mrs. Tucker's Friend
- Lillian Leighton as Housekeeper
- "'Eternal Three'—[Class B] 65%". Screen Opinions. Vol. 13 no. 5. Chicago, IL: James T. Igoe Company. November 1, 1923. pp. 64–65.
- "Progressive Silent Film List: The Eternal Three". Silent Era.
- Munden, Kenneth W., ed. (1971). The American Film Institute Catalog of Motion Pictures Produced in the United States: Feature Films 1921–1930. New York: R.R. Bowker Company. p. 218. OCLC 664500075.
- "Casts of the Week". Camera!. Vol. 5 no. 50. March 24, 1923. p. 20.
- "'Eternal Three' Near Completion". Motion Picture News. Vol. 27 no. 9. March 3, 1923. p. 1072.
- Jessen, J.C. (April 14, 1923). "Studio and Player Breveties". Motion Picture News. Vol. 27 no. 15. p. 1782.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Eternal Three.|
- The Eternal Three on IMDb
- The Eternal Three at AllMovie
- Still featuring Bessie Love in bed
- Lobby card featuring Bessie Love and Claire Windsor
- Picture card with Ray Griffith and Hobart Bosworth
- Stills from the film at the Claire Windsor website