The Economic Times
The Economic Times is an English-language, Indian daily newspaper headquartered in Mumbai, India, at The Times of India building. published by Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. The Economic Times began publication in 1961. As of 2012, it is the world's second-most widely read English-language business newspaper, after The Wall Street Journal, with a readership of over 800,000. It is published simultaneously from 12 cities: Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Nagpur, Chandigarh, and Pune. Its main content is based on the Indian economy, international finance, share prices, prices of commodities as well as other matters related to finance. The founding editor of the paper when it was launched in 1961 was P. S. Hariharan. The current editor of The Economic Times is Bodhisattva Ganguli.
The 28 March 2010 front page of The Economic Times
|Owner(s)||The Times Group|
|Publisher||Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.|
|Founded||6 March 1961|
|Headquarters||Times House, DN Road, Mumbai, India|
|Circulation||368,716 daily (as of July–December 2018)|
The Economic Times is sold in all major cities in India. In June 2009, it launched a television channel called ET Now.
- Far Eastern Economic Review. Review Publishing Company Limited. 1987. p. 4.
- Bhattacherje, S. B. (2009). Encyclopaedia of Indian Events & Dates. Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd. p. A230. ISBN 978-81-207-4074-7.
- "Highest Circulated Daily Newspapers (language wise)" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- Auletta, Ken (1 October 2012). "Citizens Jain - Why India's newspaper industry is thriving". The New Yorker. Retrieved 22 August 2019.
- Toms, Manu P (26 August 2015). "Bodhisatva Ganguli new executive editor of The Economic Times". VCCircle. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- Abram, David; et al. (2013). The Rough Guide to India (9th, Revised ed.). London: Rough Guides. ISBN 978-1-4093-6670-6.
- "Times Group's biz channel is ET Now". Indiantelevision.com. 19 January 2009. Archived from the original on 5 November 2018. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- Sruthijith KK (17 June 2009). "A New Channel Is Born: ET Now Goes On Air with 'The Economic Times Advantage'". Gigaom. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "TOI Executive Editor Jaideep Bose all set to move out". exchange4media. 29 April 2008. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- Agarwal, Deepa (December 2017). "Eye on India: T. N. Ninan Weighs In on India and Its Prospects". Khabar. Retrieved 22 August 2019.
- Toms, Manu P (20 August 2015). "Rahul Joshi quits BCCL, to join Network18 as CEO News". VCCircle. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- Hasan, Abid (26 August 2015). "Following Rahul Joshi's exit, ET elevates Bodhisatva Ganguli to Executive Editor". exchange4media. Retrieved 18 August 2019.